Pages

Gold Rush!

Friday, October 23, 2009



Okay, so if is Friday, it’s Frock Friday right? Right. I am headed to Gold Rush country this weekend, and it seemed so appropriate that Rachel Zoe’s daily Zoe Report newsletter featured a gold one shouldered dress by Derek Lam. I DIE! Oops, isn’t that trademarked now? Anyway… The dress is totally rocks, and I am becoming more and more of a fan of 70’s style. It was so sexy and glamorous, but could also be totally groovy (natch!) and down to earth at the same time.
Also, one shouldered things are sometimes a bit odd. I am not a fan of the faux- one shoulder. You know, the one with a fancy big cross the chest then over the shoulder “real” strap, and on the other side a regular old spaghetti strap. What is that? Not good in my opinion… The first one shoulder dress that I fell in love with was Nicole Kidman’s Balenciaga wedding gown. She looked radiant, and the dress was beyond amazing (too bad I can't find a decent picture of it...). I have yet to jump on the band wagon with this trend, but perhaps I should channel my best Farrah Fawcett, Breck girl, and rock it. I’ll be a “goldie” but goody!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |