Pages


Okay, so a slight update… There is a ring! And it is almost on my finger. This is just the way it would be for me and M. All roundabout and bumbling, but I love it because it is so us. Right now, I know which ring I will be getting, I just don’t know when. I am dying of excitement! We talked briefly of when we want to get married, and are thinking early spring. Can a wedding be planned in 3 months or less? What takes the most time? First things first (still don’t know what that would be… The guest list?) I have started on a sample budget:
$1000-my dress, accessories, et all
$200-M’s suit, etc.
$500- Invites, stamps
$300-Bridesmaid and Groomsman gifts
$500-Flowers
$1000-Venue
$2500-Food
$1000-Wine, Beer, drinks
$200-Dessert
$500-Décor
$3000-Photography
$300-Marriage license, parent gifts,
$800-Wedding Rings
Total- $11,800
Am I being reasonable? Or am I delusional thinking that some of these categories will be that cheap. My dress takes up a tenth of the budget, but really. I must look good on my wedding day. I think what I am most unsure of is the food and venue. Where can we get married for a small amount of money, and have good food that is not going to cost a fortune in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area? Really I think $11k is a bit too much and wish I could be one of those brides who only spends $6k or even $2k (amazing!), but alas, if there is one thing I know how to do, its spend money. Hopefully we’ll be able to do this for around $10,000. Just like this lovely bride, I think it’s a good goal to shoot for.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |