Pages

A new couch cometh!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Friday everyone! This has really been a long week, which I feel that way every week, so I guess it has just been a week... Anyway, exciting news! We got a new couch! There comes a time in one's life when they look around their house and see too many items from Ikea lingering about. Items that were purchased to make do, until another more interesting and lasting piece could be purchased. Don't get me wrong, I love Ikea. I just don't want my house looking like the Ikea catalog. The first thing on my list was our couch. We have gone from this:
{Ikea Ektorp Sofa}


to this: 
See our sad old sofa in the background? It just looks tired... The new one looks jaunty!

Improvement, no? The shape of the sofa is great, and I actually kind of like the crazy/funny print. Someday, we will get it re-upholstered in perhaps a really soft grey velvet or a fun Quadrille print, or Windsor Smith... Oh, the possibilities! The point is, it will be recovered someday, but for now, I like it just the way it is. Now, what to do about our Ikea coffee table? 



1 comment :

  1. I LOVE this! Ok, it's official. I'm asking you to redecorate our front room. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |