Pages

Once upon a time,

Thursday, July 21, 2011


When I saw images of Valentino’s Fall 2011 Couture show, I was mesmerized by the woodland, princess, fairy-tale prettiness of it all. Every look was exquisite. The styling of the makeup, hair, etc. was perfection. If I were going to make a modern fairy tale, the princess would definitely be sporting many looks from this collection. My favorite fairy-tale princess would look gorgeous in this number in particular. I’m sure the three fairies could whip up something like this? No?

I love the golden colors, the zigzags, the sleeves. All of it really. Wouldn't Nicole Kidman look amazing at the Oscars in this?

Tulle is the best. If I were going to pick a wedding dress today (and could afford Valentino-HA!) this would be it. Love, love, love!


Red, Valentino’s signature color. Candy apple red, Wicked Queen from Snow White’s signature color.

 Sleeping Beauty goes to a cocktail party.

 This is what she would wear when she sings to the woodland creatues and meets Prince Philip. Gorgeous, woodlandy, and appropriate for berry picking in this landscape. Wouldn't you agree?


{All via}
I think this last dress is my favorite, although it's a very tight race with the white tulle dress. And to finish up the Sleeping Beauty art direction, this is totally what she would wear in the end when she finally wakes up, and dances with Prince Philip into the clouds. Golden, shimmery. I think I'll dream of this dress, once upon a dream...

O, Valentino. Although no longer designed by the actual Valentino, the line is now designed by Pier Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri. I think they’ll design happily ever after.
The End.

1 comment :

  1. I agree. That Valentino wedding is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |