Pages

Color scheming... San Francisco Edition.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

So, I’m trying to decide on color scheme for the new apartment… Loving this peachy, pink color and think it may be perfect for our kitchen. I find choosing a paint color one of the most daunting design decisions for some reason. Maybe because you can’t see the final result until all the money, time, effort, etc. has already been put into it. Also, the light can greatly affect the final result, so you want to look at the paint color in the same light that it will eventually be in to get an accurate color. I was given the task at my soon-to-be-former job, of picking the paint colors for the entire office remodel, and I stressed about it for days. So many people to please, and we were on a time crunch so I had to get it right. The first time. Luckily for me, I chose wisely (miracle.) and everyone loves it.

Too pale? Not peach enough?  Getting close.

Aha! There it is. Peachy, pale, pink perfection. I've posted this fabric before, and I love it. LOVE this color scheme. Perhaps charcoal in the entry that is currently burgundy? (And not a good burgundy/bordeaux, but a bad early 90's reddish color).

{via}
 

{via}

I guess the worst thing that could happen is you re-paint. Which in the scheme of things isn’t the worst thing that could happen, but being somewhat lazy, I don’t really want to have to do that. I could always go to my fallback color, white, but I’m thinking I need to break out of my shell (ha! Egg-shells are white! And brown, but you get it…) and go for it. What do you think of the colors?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |