Pages

Museum Couture!

Friday, August 17, 2012


The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier at the De Young was an experience. I went a few weeks ago and was fascinated. I knew of him, but little about him and his mark on the fashion world, so it was quite interesting and educational to see this exhibit. Much more than just fashion- he is a visionary artist and social commentator through couture. All the details, colors and patterns are so inspiring and unique! If you like any of those things, go.
 Just to see the way they displayed the models with "live" faces. They blink, make faces, sigh, and Jean Paul talks! So fun and surreal.



Marion Cottiard wore this dress in white to the 2008 Oscars. I thought the dress was spectacular and she was easily one of the best dressed. To see the dress in person, made me besotted even more. 


Gorgeous.


Tulle! Cream and black! What's not to love?





One of my favorites in the "ethnic" section. Feathers, beading, crochet, oh my! The detail of the couture pieces blew my mind.


All beaded! I mean look at this:


Rawr! 




Again, all beaded, velvet, luxuriousness. Mmm... Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Speaking of warm and fuzzy:



Eskimo fashion! 

It was quite a visual spectacular and I have not even scratched the surface! Okay, maybe the surface, but there is so much more. Final thoughts- Couturiers are amazingly talented, and although I am not sure if I subscribe to the whole "Fashion as art" idea, this would be it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |