Pages

San Francisco Fall Antiques Show!

Monday, October 29, 2012

 Thanks to the generosity of my employer , I was invited to the San Francisco Fall Antiques Show at Fort Mason. The opening night party was particularly fun and had free-flowing champagne and food-stations galore. All set amidst the pretty antiques. Needless to say, no pictures were taken because my hands were full all evening (read: with champagne, or sparkling wine. Whatever, I'm not picky.)! When I went to a lecture on Friday, and had a chance to really look around (but no free champagne. Boo.), I took some photos... Above is the entrance. The theme was the Sea Worthy. Hence, the waves.

I mostly just took photos of things that caught my eye. Like this pretty rug.



And this painting. Of patterns. Swoon! 


Here is a close up. 


And another. Pretty!!


This was just a cool wall art, hanging, thing. I liked the shapes and the pattern they created.


I love this painting of whales/fish(?). Kind of abstract and graphic, no? Also, the Noah's Ark in front is pretty cute.


This display of different color spools of yarn was very cool. Maybe better in person. I like the idea, and I love spools of anything. 



Awesome wooden ship display. Also, very good adherence to the theme, which I am a big fan of.


And a close up.


Inlaid chest. I can't even imagine the time and patience it must take to make things like this...


And this! Gorgeous inlaid chest/jewelry box type thing. So cool. 


The detail. Amazing.


A bad photo of a cool painting. The colors in person were so rich and vibrant. 


I loved this abstract expressionist painting. There are many textile pattern ideas in here, I can feel it.



'

An antique footstool. And my feet, whoops!




Pretty coral! Interesting shape and texture. 

If you ever have the chance to go to the SF Fall Antiques Show, do it! There are a lot of interesting things to inspire, even if you can't afford a thing that is on display! It's still worth it to get to see some amazing antique pieces that you would never be able to see this close, anywhere else. $15 admission, free-flowing champagne, not included.





1 comment :

  1. There should have been free champagne, if you ask me :)

    I've always wanted to go to this!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |