Pages

This is dedicated to a blog I love...

Thursday, October 11, 2012


{All images from Style Court}

Happy almost Friday! When you work full time at an office, even if you like your job, there is no other day as exciting as Friday. The weekend (ie. Freedom!!) is within our reach. Also, the week is almost over, and you know what that means! Oh, maybe you don't. What it means is that I need a 3rd post for the week, and I need to make it snappy. I've had all sorts of ideas over the past few days, and one which struck me was the fact that I just assume that all the cool blogs and things that I come across have already been discovered by everyone. I'm not sure why I think this, as I come across new people, things and blogs all the time. The internet is VAST. How do I forget this? I think it is just some delusional bit of my brain, probably the same part that can't quite comprehend just how many people are in the world or how planes fly. You know, those sorts of incomprehensible things.

So, I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite blogs. The kind you read as often as they post, and look forward to seeing what they have to share next. Style Court, written by Courney Barnes, is one such blog. She writes about, "Textiles, History, Art, Design, and a little mental traveling." Her blog is full of interesting stories of textiles and the history behind them, as well as art, design, books, etc. She interweaves (weaves- textile humor! Ha!) the history of textiles, art, design or other subject and ties it to a modern day element. Such as the history of paisleys to modern paisley designs, or the use of Ottoman flowers as a design element in textiles now. She also features businesses that are fabric related and many that are out there doing good in the world. I learn something new everyday, and usually have a post it note of things to google after reading her blog.




{a very limited example of the kinds of things she shows on her blog}

She has a lovely tumblr that I would also highly recommend. Definitely a must read. Hope you enjoy!




2 comments :

  1. Wow, I love the first pic! Is it Chinese or Japanese?
    Very interesting selection!

    Susanne, your byw classmate

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |