Pages

On Inspiration and work.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

{Chuck Close self portrait 1967-68}
Did I mention that I graduated? I can't quite remember, but this has been a crazy past few months, so if I have, forgive me. Anyway, that is to say that with graduation now come and gone, I am now free of homework. Free-eeee!!! Except, now that I am out in the real world, I have had a definite drop off in productivity and seemingly creativity. Ugh. With all this new found freedom, I am finding that it is harder to create and I just get distracted so easily. I feel like my inspiration has run dry and can't seem to get started on anything. free. Humph.... 

I recently read a wonderful quote by Chuck Close, over on this blog : "Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." Wow, that is what I need to remember, and actually do. I would recommend following the link to that blog and watching the video about Chuck Close's advice to his younger self. Truly inspiring. So, I've started slowly getting into it. Here are some small cards I painted.


Slowly getting back into it! But seriously, I just need to show up and get to work.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |