Pages

Inspired by...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

{image via}

Remember when I mentioned my favorite store in NY, John Derian Dry Good? Well, one of the things I loved there were the little works of art by Hugo Guinness, scattered around the store. Simple, black and white drawings and lino cuts. I love the carefree attitude they have and the non-studied line quality. I would love to own one of these, but the price is a bit of an investment for me at the moment. Perhaps someday... For now, I can enjoy looking at them and be inspired for my own work. 


This one in the store was especially sweet. 

{both above via}

The lino cut-ness of this one is what makes it. It almost looks like its vibrating and alive with those lines. 

{via}
John Derian's website has more of his work, or a google image search is always fun. He does a lot more than florals (and has done collaborations with J.Crew and Coach, to name a few), but these were my favorites.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |