Pages

New Work Wednesday

Wednesday, October 8, 2014


I love florals and have been painting quite a few lately. This is one in a series of new work, and I have to say, I kind of love the simple, Japanese quality to it. I took a photo on a walk with Violet to the beach and saw this lovely little white flower. Then I came home and while V was napping, I frantically worked on this design. Everything I do while V is sleeping is done in the fastest manner possible. Or I say "to hell with it all" and watch tv (I just discovered Gilmore Girls now that its on Netflix streaming. So good! And I LOVE Lauren Graham even more after seeing her in this). I have to think I'm not the only mother who does this...

I took a class recently by Lisa Congdon on Creative Live that was really good and got me thinking of all sorts of things, but mostly how to be a working artist (that's what the course was about, 'natch.) It went over a lot of things, some I'm sure I've heard before, but Lisa presented it in a clear way, and she has made a career for herself, which is always an inspiring thing. So, I'm fired up with goals and to-do lists and action steps. Now I just need to find time to do all of it! Also, I need to find a class for how to get a ton of work done in just a few hours a day. Or at least a class on how to get me to turn off Gilmore Girls and get some work done!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |