Pages

Mexico! Again!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016


I really love Mexico. We've been a few times over the past few years to visit my sister and this time we were going for a very special reason, my sister's wedding! It was actually kind of a stressful decision as I'm pregnant and there is a little thing called Zika Virus that is apparently all over Latin and Central America. The worst. However, I couldn't not go to my sister's wedding, and it didn't seem like there was any Zika cases near where we were going, in the high elevation, desert-y area of San Miguel de Allende, and so we went. And I didn't get any bites (and doused myself in natural insect repellent), so I think we're all okay.


San Miguel de Allende is a really beautiful old town. The downtown is a Unesco world heritage site, so everything has retained it's old character. Even the Starbucks (of course there's a Starbucks.) is in a cool old building. 






Violet loves Mexico too! Although, this trip she had a kind of hard time on the airplane home, but I think that was our fault with booking weird-ie:early flights.



The courtyards were glorious.






And the wedding! It was so lovely, and we were so happy to be there for it.









Can you tell I was a little obsessed with all the doors?! 


I had one afternoon that I walked around by myself (not a common occurrence) and strolled through this lovely park.




and then I got a double scoop of ice cream, because I could. and because, I love ice cream.




The art school in San Miguel is really beautiful. 




No trip to Mexico is complete for Michael until he gets his corn on the cob from a street vendor.



I'm always inspired by the colors, the art, the architecture, the people, just the different pace of life. This time was no different and I look forward to the next time! Hasta luego! 





2 comments :

  1. Lovely! The elote with all the fixings is definitely my favorite snack in Mexico! Slathered with hot sauce. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I loved reading your post-trip report, I liked even more all the gorgeous images you took. Wow, i would really love to go to Mexico. I too LOVE doors and have a similar string of door photos from india. Highly recommend India for more door shots. Keep the posts coming. Catherine, Sydney

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Thanks for commenting!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |